The healthy brownie just became reality, with this recepie you can create a delicious brownie in under an hour – packed of goodness. By subsituting the butter with the wonders of avocado, and cutting out all wheat (and using beans instead) – this is a cheeky way to get the good stuff into your kids, boyfriend, grandmother – and the best part is that they won’t even know!
If you have trouble finding black beans, feel free to use Cannellini beans instead, they work just as well.
Natvia / Stevia is optional, this is not neccessary if you’ve found a good chocolate, honey will add just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained (Cannellini beans work as well)
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1/3 of a large ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoon organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup oragnic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup stevia / natvia (or use organic honey instead)
- 3 tablespoons raw organic at least 70% chocolate chips
- handful of walnuts (optinal)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips, nuts (optional), and bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 16 squares.
Serving size: 1 brownie Calories: 151